Where To Store Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum cleaners have made cleaning so easy that it is impossible to survive without them. Almost every home, big or small, owns a vacuum. Customers buy them depending on the type of floors and space area they have. For big homes, big canister vacuums are usually on top of the list. For smaller areas like an apartment, a cordless upright vacuum is preferred. A vacuum is never an issue in a home until you realize that you have no vacuum cleaner storage space. This article shines a light on different vacuum cleaner storage ideas to solve your storage issues immediately.
The importance of storing vacuum cleaners
Vacuums inevitably need proper storage space. Vacuums look like powerful devices that suck every dirt particle to shine the place. But, we often forget that they are delicate pieces of equipment that require proper care. They need their own space where they aren’t going to get scratched or broken easily. Also, Leaving them standing in the corner gives a very untidy look, plus vacuums with long cords give an even messier appearance. That is why users must make arrangements for proper vacuum cleaner storage.
Factors You Should Consider Before Deciding The Storage Space
There are a couple of things users must keep in their mind before deciding on storage space:
You need to study your home before deciding on which area is suitable for vacuum cleaner storage. Look around in the kitchen, hallway, bedrooms, closets, store, vacuum storage cabinet, and other areas to know which place will be safe for the machine.
Vacuum Cleaner Size
Vacuums come in so many different sizes and shapes. Before buying one, measure the available space you might have in mind for storing the vacuum. If it still doesn’t fit, then you need to create the space accordingly.
Usage of the vacuum
If you use the vacuum daily, then it would be a good idea to create a vacuum cleaner storage that is near and it’s easy to get the vacuum out of that space.
Useful tips and ideas about where store vacuum cleaners
Here are some useful tips that could give you helpful vacuum cleaner storage ideas:
- Closet space is one of the most convenient places you could find to store a vacuum. Every home has that one closet space suitable for keeping the vacuum properly. You can keep the closet in the store, the guest bedroom, or even below the stairs.
- The laundry is another great place since it’s already an area that has other machinery and equipment as well. Here you don’t need a separate closet, users can just keep it in the corner and take it out whenever they need it.
- Garages can be considered a last resort option. Although it’s not always a top choice since the area isn’t considered a quality space for vacuums. Carrying the vacuum from the garage to the house can be hectic but many users chose to do it anyway.
- If you see unused space in your home, just fix a hardboard and create a small space just for vacuum cleaner storage.
What are the Perfect Places where you can Store Your vacuum?
There are many places for storing your best vacuum cleaner, users just need to find the perfect one in their home. A safe place where the machine won’t be harmed, scratched or broken easily. In a big home, you get many vacuum cleaner storage ideas. But it’s a little tricky in small apartments. Following are some of the things you could consider:
- Lightweight vacuums can easily be hung on doors and walls. Buy the right type of hooks to hang the vacuum safely.
- Try clearing a separate vacuum storage cabinet in the kitchen with low traffic. It’s a great space for hiding your best vacuums from plain sight.
- The area under your bed, kitchen sinks, under the stairs are a great option as well for vacuum cleaner storage ideas.
Storing a vacuum is as important as purchasing the right one that suits your home. Users need to figure out all the factors before bringing the machine home. Sometimes you might have to think out of the box to arrange a perfect vacuum cleaner storage space. Whatever the case may be, it’s significant that your vacuum has its own comfortable safe space to sit in when not in use.
FAQ’S Related to Storing Vacuum Cleaner
How to store vacuum cleaners?
Always measure the size of the area you have in mind for storing the vacuum. This is an important step before deciding on which vacuum cleaner you want to purchase. If there is no space available at all, create your area using a hardboard to make a protective space for the machine.
How do I keep my vacuum fresh?
An easy and cheap way is to make a solution using baking soda and water. Take a clean cloth and wipe the canister, hose, and filter properly to remove any dirt or debris stuck in it. Once it’s cleaned, rinse the vacuum parts with water and leave them to dry for at least a day.
How do you clean and store a vacuum cleaner?
Follow the tips below to ensure the vacuum is always fresh and clean :
- Replace the bag regularly. This stops the heavy accumulation of dirt and debris in the bag.
- Always clean the brush roll since hair and thread are easily tangled in it. This stops the suction process.
- Clean the filters regularly and store the vacuum in a safe area. This protects it from damage.
What should you not do with a vacuum?
A vacuum isn’t suitable for everything that comes in its way. Many things could damage the inside of the vacuum which includes pieces of glass, coins, hair, wet food, gravel, etc.
Where do people store their Dyson vacuum?
Usually, spaces like closets, laundry rooms, and even kitchen shelves are great places for Dyson vacuums.
Where should I put my vacuum cleaner in my house?
Depending on the size of the vacuum, arrange a suitable vacuum storage space accordingly. Consider factors such as safety and comfort for your vacuum.